why doula care?
Birth is raw, empowering, emotional, sacred, primal, beautiful, difficult as hell, thrilling, and sometimes down-right terrifying. Birth is truly all of the things. I want to help you navigate the overwhelming emotions that come along with pregnancy, labor and beyond. I want to be part of the tribe you are building to surround your growing family. Not many moments in your life are as transformative as birth, and you have every right to feel 100% supported throughout the journey.
Having a doula
has Shown to Decrease:
• Cesarean rates by 50 percent
• Length of labor by 25 percent
• Use of oxytocin by 40 percent
• Epidurals by 60 percent
What Does a
• Help you feel as calm, strong, comforted and honored as possible during birth.
• Get to know you and your birth companion(s) prenatally to understand your need and wishes.
• Offer comfort measures, coping techniques, and constant presence to help you create a satisfying birth experience.
• Adjust my role according to your needs.
What Does a Doula Not Do?
I do not:
• Replace your birth partner.
• Perform clinical tasks.
• Make decisions for you, but will help you get the information necessary to make an informed decision. I will also remind you if there is a departure from your birth plan.
• Speak to the staff on your behalf.