why doula care?
Shown to Decrease:
• Cesarean rates by 50 percent
• Length of labor by 25 percent
• Use of oxytocin by 40 percent
• Epidurals by 60 percent*
What Does a
• Help you feel as calm, strong, comforted and honored as possible during birth.
• Get to know you and your birth companion(s) prenatally to understand your need and wishes.
• Offer comfort measures, coping techniques, and constant presence to help you create a satisfying birth experience.
• Adjust my role according to your needs.
What Does a Doula Not Do?
I do not:
• Replace your birth partner.
• Perform clinical tasks.
• Make decisions for you, but will help you get the information necessary to make an informed decision. I will also remind you if there is a departure from your birth plan.
• Speak to the staff on your behalf.